Fifty-two weeks a year women religious stand with the poor and immigrants, teach children, fight injustice, heal the sick, share spirituality, empower women, defend the planet, promote peace, create community, offer hope…
But for one week, March 8-14, we shine the spotlight on women religious and encourage a wide range of campaigns and events that invite all who follow Jesus to
• expand and support their gospel witness
• grow the service networks they have seeded
• share their spirituality, charisms, and community
• encourage young women to consider a vocation to religious life
• support their pastoral, teaching and prophetic works
• and focus on the new world they call into being.
During the week of March 8-14
• Let’s light up hope in our communities & highlight women choosing religious life today!
• Let’s call attention to the new world that sisters call into being each and every day through service and ministry.
• Let’s raise up the world with experiences and legacy stories of women religious.
• Let’s recall memories that bring joy to alumni formed by sisters.