Responding to the Gospel call for justice and love, honoring the Catholic Social Teachings on the dignity of all persons, and continuing the legacy of St. Frances Xavier Cabrini, Patroness of Immigrants, the Stella Maris Province of the Missionary Sisters of the Sacred Heart of Jesus commits itself to:
- WELCOME as brothers and sisters all immigrants to the lands in which we are missioned.
- SUPPORT the rights of all persons to flee political, religious, or economic persecution; and support the basic human rights and dignity of all persons regarding: food, shelter, health care, employment at just wages, religious freedom and also honoring their customs and traditions.
- EDUCATE others and ourselves about the needs of immigrants.
- RE-EXAMINE political laws and regulations in the light of these justice issues and to work change those that do not meet human needs.
- WORK in solidarity with immigrants and with others who share our values and beliefs to promote justice and compassion for all immigrants.