Cabrini Immigrant Services of NYC, Inc. (CIS-NYC) is a multi-service community and faith-based 501c(3) Board of Immigration Appeals accredited agency that provides a broad range of culturally and linguistically appropriate services to immigrants, refugees, asylees, and their families. CIS-NYC, founded in 1999 in the historically immigrant Lower East Side of Manhattan, seeks to meet the unique needs of diverse immigrant populations through supportive services and concrete assistance which encourage economic independence and social empowerment, foster individual growth and development, and promote self-determination for immigrant families and youth.
Multicultural and multi-lingual CIS-NYC staff members and volunteers provide a wide range of essential services including:
- Select immigration-related legal services
- Information and referral to community resources
- English, citizenship and computer classes
- Food pantry assistance
- Assistance with preparation for college
- Workshops on issues regarding the immigrant community
- Political advocacy on behalf of the immigrant community
Cabrini Immigrant Services of NYC, Inc.
139 Henry Street
New York, NY 10002
Phone: (212) 791-4590